Re: enlightenment & Eterm

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 07:42:05PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Uhmm no.  Theres some discussion on cygwin-dev, and a prototype cygwin
> daemon by egor, and some code on my hard drive. Thats it at the moment.
>
> I should add that the in-cygwin code will co-exist with cygipc to the
> extant that old binaries linked with cygipc should still work, but
> a) all new compiles will link against cygwin (the default anyway).
> b) cygipc and in-cygwin IPC won't interoperate.

That shouldn't be a problem then. For now, people who need ipc/shm support
will need to go get cygipc and build X themselves. The patch makes it easy
for us to turn it on/off.

How long do you think before in-cygwin IPC hits maturity ? As with X maturing
rapidly on Windows people will start needing it, and thus the only option
currently is cygipc.

Alan.