Re: Myrnes # 2201923- Connectivity Online Support Request (RE:

----- Forwarded by Oddvard Myrnes/SVG/SCS on 01.05.2001 13:08 -----

                    Oddvard Myrnes
                                         To:     Edward.Sheung@hummingbird.com
                    01.05.2001           cc:
                    11:59                Subject:     Re: Myrnes # 2201923- Connectivity Online Support
                                         Request(Document link: Oddvard Myrnes)

Hi Edward

I posted the problem on the cygwin-xfree mailing list and I got help there.
It seems that the XFree86 tar files has to be installed using the Cygwin
version of TAR. I used the WINZIP program to install it and it screwed up
the 'end of line' sequence. All this is is ofcause in the installation
manual. I was a little bit to eager to get results and did not take the
time to do my reading.

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/howto/cygwin-xfree-installing.html

So the problem is fixed :-)

Many Thanks
Oddvard

                    Edward Sheung
                    <Edward.Sheung@hummin        To:     xomy@stoltoffshore.no
                    gbird.com>                   cc:     "techadmin (E-mail)" <techadmin@hcl.com>
                                                 Subject:     Myrnes # 2201923- Connectivity Online Support
                    30.04.2001 18:08             Request

Mr. Myrnes:

Your reference to this support incident has been logged as 22019223.
Please
clarified the problem further, which keyboard file are you using?  Did it
ever work before?  If so, what has change?  Is the keyboard input problem
happen for all keys?  How many PC has this problem?  Thank you.

Regards,

Edward Sheung

Technical Support Representative, Exceed & HostExplorer
Hummingbird. Ltd.
1 Sparks Avenue
Toronto, Ontario
M2H 2W1