RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 22

> Hi Suahib,
>
> >So ARE ALL
> >THE DLLs
> >are going to CYG  PREFIX?
>
> That was my last impression.
>
> >I guess NOT.
>
> Well, I don't wanna argue, I just wanna be sure, that anyone
> involved has
> any necessary information. Cywgin has become quite complex.
> IMHO it would be
> confusing having different versions of the same library for
> the same port.

The main problem is "support".  One starts taking a library from
package, such as zlib which 1000's of software use, rename it and put it
in a contrib directory, is bound to create "support" issues.  As Alan
explain, __most__ people do not perceive "contrib" directory as a
must, and do not install it.  We will be getting many more mails
like "I installed XFree86 and I get an error cygz.dll, no such file" etc
etc.
Therefore as a rule save my headache and reduce support issues
I prefer not to link against any library which is in /cygwin/contrib/lib
directory.

Suhaib