Changes in XFree86?

I downloaded XFree86 a few days ago and installed it just fine, but I
screwed some stuff up in cygwin and reinstalled it.  I downloaded XFree86
again today and noticed that a few modifications were made on the list of
files on the installation site, as well as some changes to the startxwin.bat
file.  I'm not sure what else was changed in XFree86, but now it won't work.
When I run the bat file the program opens, but no xterms open up, and
running startx from cygwin tells me that it's "giving up" and can't find the
server.  I'm confused about what was changed from the version I downloaded a
few days ago, and I'm not sure how to fix it.