Font Server(s)

Hello,

I'm trying to compile up a truetype fontserver under cygwin. I'd like to be
able to mount my C:\WINNT\Fonts directory under the Cygwin tree, run a
fontserver pointed at that directory, and so give all other *nix machines
and Windows machines running either Cygwin\XFree86 or StarNet's X-Win32
access to my fonts. I'm running Cygwin and Cygwin XFree86 4.0.3 under
Windows 2000.

My first attempt was compiling xfstt. This compiled fine. I mounted my
windows fonts directory as /usr/share/fonts/truetype, ran 'xfstt --sync',
which correctly told me that i had 112 fonts, than ran xfstt. On another
machine I pointed X-Win32 at the maching running xfstt, port 7101, and it
told me it was unusable. Trying to connect to it from a linux box (using
xset fp+ inet/i.p.address:7101) gave a heap of errors under linux, while
xfstt reported 'byteorder mismatch'.

I was thinking next of trying to compile xfsft, but (as far as I can work
out) it needs the XFree86 3.*.* source to patch.

Has anyone else attempted this? More importantly, has anyone else succeeded
in doing this? ;-)

Thanks,

Jon.