Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin/XFree86 DocBook-based FAQ draft

Harold....
    Thank you: That guide didn't exist when I was doing my last docbook
examination (well the NT - only one did, not the cygwin version).

As we're combining two changes here: FAQ content generation, and FAQ
content, I'm going to focus on the content generation for a bit, and
you'll get my feedback on the actual updated content after the
generation is acceptable to all.

A few thoughts:

* we should have multiple source files. Per topic or perhaps
setup/user/developer. This allows better management of the content.
Perhaps even one file per "topic". I know docbook can manage this for
us.
* A make system should be provided. I'm happy to put that together (I
suggest autoconf && automake be used as it has much smaller make files
:} ). This is to make redistribution easier.
* I suggest that we get a CVS area on cygwin.com for both the users
guide and this faq. This will make multi-authoring easier. I consider
making multi-author change control easy _very important_. What do you
think? A CVS area for cygwin-xfree-doc would allow the docbook source
and make system to be easily accessible to all the contributors, and
allow effective interleaving of updates.
--- If we're lucky Chris could even use the cvs area to auto-generate
updated web pages rather than us buliding the doco, and adding/removing
files from the web cvs area every time.... ---
* We need a stylesheet for this. (plain docbook sticks out like a sore
thumb w.r.t. the website. This is my problem: I volunteered to create
one for the straight html on the website... this is just a variation on
a theme :]. I mention it here for the record).
* Have you considered docbook/xml rather than sgml? A year or so ago it
was looking to be the continuity path for docbook... and it seemed a bit
more flexable.

Probably more later... getting ready for ADSL now. mmm. ADSL. :]

Rob