AW: Script for create cygwin installer setup

> Betreff: RE: Script for create cygwin installer setup
>
> Ralf,
>
> Good work man.
>
> Currently we don't have anyone working on getting Cygwin/XFree86
> to install
> with the Cygwin installer, so perhaps you would like to lead that effort?
> :)
I'm thinking about this, but yet I'm too busy with this qt/kde sourceforge
setup/distribution.
Especial setting up cvs based on the origial kde package and
automake/autoconf is horrible and additional packaging kde into smaller part
is much work.
Perhaps anyone have some ideas to reduce the overhead.

> Just give us details of what you want to do and submit what you come up
> with.
I've have played with a patched cygwin installer, which installs direct from
sourceforge and have seens
that creating the packages and updating correctly setup.ini is the most
work. I dont' have a effient process yet.
Perhaps anyone can gibe hints for that.

> It will be really nice to get Cygwin/XFree86 to install with the Cygwin
> installer.

As discussed before categories seems the way to realise this.

Perhaps one can use the already available subdir structure to provide
categories.
If the installer would be extended with an additional window on the left,
which shows the sub dirs (contrib,latest,... - one level) and displayes the
content of the dir in the right, adding additional categories will be
reduced to adding sub dirs which has to scanned on setup.ini creation.

The installer has to scan the path of the files and assign the files.  Thats
all.

Any suggestions welcome

Regards Ralf