RE: Dynamic linking.. or??

I just finished building a tree with Suhaib's patch.

What exactly am I supposed to be looking for?  Should a new DLL appear,
should an old one disappear?  Or is something else entirely supposed to
happen?

Oh, I should note that I have not changed the #define SharedLibXpm YES line
in xc/cf/cygwin.rules.  That is to say, I still have that symbol defined as
YES.

Let me know what to look for and I'll let you know what I see.