RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Cygwin/XFree86 DocBook-based FAQ Draft 2

> > Are you going to provide two different FAQ on our Cygwin/XFree86 URL?
> >
> > Your FAQ is no where to complete.  MOTIF and a lots of other issues
> which
> > are already discussed in present FAQ  are being omitted. In its
> > present form
> > it is insufficeinet to put at Cygwin/Xfree86.
>
> That sure is awfully accusative.  I would think that everyone understands
> the meaning of the word 'draft'.

Huh?  What is accusative here?  I am asking a question.  I see programmers
Section not in your FAQ draft?  Dlls and several other points are missing?
When someone puts a draft and there already exists a document DO WE NOT
HAVE TO CONSULT IT?  I see no reasons of not looking at it and adding the
new things there, reformating and reorganizing, instead of not including
what is already there?

> <rant>
> You know, I work awfully hard on this project and I put a lot of time into
> it.  I'd really appreciate it some people would stop trying to fight me
> and
> instead start trying to work with me.

Your hard work is highly appreciated.  No one is pointing fingers at you for
a blame.  I suggest you do not read between lines and get angry for no
reasons.  Every one has a right to ask questions.  I have a right too I
GUESS.  I put that FAQ which is already there over 1 1/2 year period and I
see no good reason not to read it and consult it when you put a new one???

> Have I ever carried out a rash decision that hurt the project?  No, I
> always
> discuss things, even unpopular things before committing to them.

Did I say that?

> Does everyone here understand that I like to work on drafts before
> committing to a new thing?  Yes, that should be fairly obvious, as I have
> done that with the overlay test server, the offscreen framebuffer test
> server, the User's Guide, the shadow framebuffer test server, the new
> project homepage, and now with the FAQ.

Yes everyone understands.  That is why I said it is no where close to
complete.  Please consult the existing FAQ and include what you have missed,
Then post a revised draft and people will read it.  After a reach a
consensus on it then you could go ahead and commit it.

> I see two options here, I can continue doing things as I have been, sans
> the
> negative comments from the peanut gallery, or we can have a communication
> breakdown and resort to a CVS commit war.  I might note that all recent
> evidence indicates that I'll win any such CVS commit war, as I have the
> majority of CVS commits :)
> </rant>

It is your choice.  I do not have time for a war and neither I am interested
in it.  I have more important things to do then get into arguments.  You are
taking my comments personally and out of context.  This is an open source
project and everyone is welcome to contribute, and everyone is welcome to
comment, but I DO suggest do not start replacing or omitting the stuff which
we is needed or will be needed in FAQ.  Your contributions which I thought
should replace previous work I approved that without even making it an
issue.  The hw/xwin code was replaced totally with your code because your
contributed code was better then previous one so I threw away previous
server code and replace it with yours.

> I have to confess that this email is partly joking, yet partly serious :)

It is your problem.  I do not know what problem you got with me.  I have
noticed some of your post or replies to my answers to users questions were
very friendly and unprofessional.  I one of your mail when I asked a user
which video card he was using, instead of him, you replied, "xwin is not
video card dependent, GOT IT BECAUASE IT IS IMPORTANT"  I do not think I am
so stupid not to know that much?  I asked that question for some reasons and
I will let you think why I asked... I had ignored your unfriendly replies
and comments... and I suggest please do not in future.

> Before sending emails to me, care of the list or not, you might want to
> think about whether it will cause me to write long faux diatribes like
> this
> in response :)

nonsense!  I do not have time for it.  You need to read existing FAQ and see
what you missed there and why did you not include it?  I had no time to
write long faux diatribes like yours in response to your few unfriendly
replies to lists.

Your contributions are appreciated by everyone, including me that was the
reason I nominated you Xfree86 developers list and gave you CVS access over
here so you can work efficiently.

> Just think, I could have been answering FAQ questions or programming,
> rather
> than writing this email :)
>
> Harold "Just let me work in peace and I'll be happy" Hunt
>
> P.S. I guess in the future I'll give inflammatory posts the response they
> deserve: none.

Your choice.  If your inflammatory posts in response to simple questions of
why starts then I must say Sorry, it will be unfortunate and you will be
doing more harm to project then good.

Suhaib