From: Harold Hunt [mailto:huntharo@msu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 12:11 PM
To: Mellor, Mike; cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Returned mail: User unknown

Mike,

> Exception: STATUS_INTEGER_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO at eip=004A66EC

It would be helpful if you could include the output of XWin prior to the
STATUS_INTEGER_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO.

However, this error is almost always the result of trying to run XWin on a
Windows machine with the display configured to display 8 bits per pixel.
Cygwin/XFree86 has no code to support 8 bits per pixel and it often crashes
with this message when a user starts XWin in 8 bits per pixel mode.

Thank you for your interest in the project, and please report if your
problem is solved,