RE: Returned mail: User unknown

Harold -

I had fonts installed, but not CID fonts.  I went back and bunzip2'ed
everything again (all the files listed in the user's guide plus CID-fonts)
and then tar -xf'ed them as well.  I created an xserver directory and copied
SecurityPolicy to it, so now I no longer get error messages.  I went in and
edited the startxwin.bat file, adjusting it for screen resolution and depth.
xfree now starts, and launches the files listed in startxwin.bat.  I have
ZoneAlarm loaded, and it requested internet access twice for each
application launched by startxwin.bat (rxvt, xterm, twm).. Also, these
applications show up along the Windows task bar as windows applications - is
this correct behavior?

Looks good so far - KDE is next!

Mike

Mike,

> _XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
> .
> .
> .
> error opening security policy file
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
> from list!

Have a look at the answers I gave for those questions on Monday:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2001-q2/msg01502.html

Also, did you install any font archives?

Good luck, and thank for your interest in our project,

Harold

P.S. Please report to the list if your problem is solved.