RE: Copyright [cgf, please comment]

> That means you intentionally trying to avoid and walk around others
> work?  That itself is a copyright infringment, I just walk over to
> my company Patent and TradeMark attorney in-house office.  That is what he
> told
> me when he read your above paragraph.  You ae intentiuonally taking my
> prior work, walking around it to avoid my authorship?

Better get a new company attorney :)

Have you ever read a book about DOS, UNIX, the X Window System, Windows, or
even a dictionary?  Well, then by the logic given above, you would be
violating copyrights on everything you have ever written on this list.

My point, if it was not clear, was that reading a document on a particular
topic does not forever ban you from writing on that very same topic.

> I see that is why on my several calls in the list that why points from
> original FAQ which were important were missing?  You got very
> upset on that
> and said it is a draft and they will be included.  I thought you
> sent a diff
> file to Rob
> and in one message you wrote you are working on to include it
> but you never did.

Right, because everything started getting nasty.

I have intentions of covering some issues that may (and I'm being careful
with the wording now that you're talking to attorneys :) be covered by your
document at some point in the near future when I have time.

> In its current form I DO NOT approve your FAQ to be posted at
> Cygwin/XFree86
> server.
> Sorry about it.

Why are we back to this?

Did I just say, "hey, post my draft FAQ on the web site, now!"?  Did I ever
say to post my draft FAQ on the website?  Nope, I sure didn't, because it is
a draft.

>From Merriam-Webster:
draft - noun - 5.c. a preliminary sketch, outline, or version <the author's
first draft> <a draft treaty>

You'd have to be kidding me if you honestly think that I would want to post
a preliminary outline in place of the existing FAQ.