Re: setting default font path

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Brian Michael Genisio wrote:

> Ok, I have tried that also.  (That was my first try)  But, there is no
> /usr/X11R6 directory.  The fonts are in the same directory as the X server
> application.  So, I call :
>
> XWin -screen 0 800x600 -depth 32 -engine 4 -ac -terminate -co rgb -fp
> fonts/misc
>
> and get the error :
>
> _FontTransOpen: Unable to Parse address fonts/misc
> Could not init font path element fonts/misc, removing from list!

i'm sure XWin checks if the path starts with a /. To address a fontserver
you would tpc/server:7100. Please try preceeding all the directories with
either the full path or alternatively with $PWD/, which expands to the full
path.

> The same is true if I use a path of ./fonts/misc and /xserver/fonts/misc .
>
> However, If I do not set a font path, and make a directory on the machine
> called /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts, and put the fonts there, The X server works as
> planned!!!  Worst case scenario, I can do this, but I would like to try to keep
> it confined to a single directory struct.

could you try setting just a single path (-fp /xserver/fonts/misc) and add the other paths later with xset.

bye
	ago

 http://www.gotti.org
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017