RE: Xfig and Scalable Fonts

You can use xfs under Cygwin too.  The  man pages of "docs" (docs are
insatlled as html pages under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc) will give you info on
how to do it.

> I have the following problem when running Piere Humblet's cygwin port
> of xfig under 4.1.0.
>
> Text is only diplayed if the font size is one of the following sizes:
>
>  10, 12, 14, 18, 24
>
> This happens for both postscript and latex fonts.
>
> These sizes are indeed the font sizes for which pcf files exist in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts.
>
> The linux boxes I have access to have the same sizes, but they appear
> to be able to scale the fonts.
>
> Is this a known problem?  Any suggestions on how to solve it?

Fonts are same as under Linux.  You can also copy any fonts from Linux and
install them under /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts and add them to your path.

Suhaib