RE: Info on "Can't open display"

>Well, I am not convienced with your tests and explainations ;-)
>
>BECAUSE, I tested a several VPN and Firewall software, except Aventail,
>and none of them interfere with X-server.  Though, a couple of them
>prompt, "client X is trying to connect to port so and so, Allow or deny"
>and
>can add a rule to allow permanently, instead of clicking a YES button
>eachtime.

But the problem doesn't seem to be with the X server.  Remote and local
xclients (other than the xfree86 ones) can connect and display with no
problem.

>As I see from mailing list, majority of the users who have display problems
>are using Aventail.
>It is not xclient as you try to explain in your reasonings... it is
>Aventail stopping the Xclient to connect to X-server.

There are also many users who have this problem but are not using Aventail.
As well the local xclients can't even connect to a remote display (non
cygwin/xfree86).  Also, eXceed  works with Aventail with no problems.

By your reasoning, telneting to port 6000 should also be stopped by
Aventail, but it isn't.  If telnet can make a successful TCP/IP connection
to localhost port 6000, why wouldn't the cygwin/xfree86 xterm?  This is the
point that I would like explained.  What is telnet doing different than the
X libraries?

Chris