RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated binaries for Xfree86 4.1.0

> > Rob
> >
> > UNIXCONN includes sys/un.h headers, which TCPCONN uses only
> socket.h.
> >
> > Do you think using sys/un.h and sys/socket.h, both, is necessary?
> Upto
> > Cygwin 1.1.2 I was using only TCPCONN and I did not notice any
> difference.
>
> Well UNIX sockets are local only, which does have some security
> benefit.
>
> > I would activate it once again if needed.  For now I want to see if
> > It helps those users who are having "accept () failed" errors on
> Windows
> > 95/98.
>
> Ah ok. I like what Harold does with "TEST" releases to test this sort
> of
> change. It's my feeling that the main binaries shouldn't change to
> test
> things for users.
>
> I recall chris asking about freeing space up - Chris, is there room
> for
> two copies of the XFree86 binaries - one "stable", one "testing" ?
>
> Suhaib - if Chris has disk space for that, does that make sense to
> you?
>
> Rob

Well, since Chris said there is no space available, it is not feasible now.
For users who wants UNIXCONN, they need to edit xc/config/cf/cygwin.cf file,
and add UNIXCONN after TCPCONN for #define ConnectionFlags.  Then recompile
(make World).  None of the code had been disabled.

Suhaib