RE: X server won't start in win95a

Raymond,

There may be something wrong with the DirectDraw presence/version detection
code.  Pass the '-engine 1' parameter to XWin.exe in your startup script
(possibly startxwin.bat); '-engine 1' forces the server to use the GDI
engine.

Let me know if this works for you, as I'll need to go in and fix the
DirectDraw detection code.  Also, let me know if this does not work for you,
as I won't need to go in and fix the code :)

Good luck,