RE: X server won't start in win95a

> I am afraid your Windows is messed.  Can
> you not from Control Panel uninstall Networking and reinstall it?  Perhaps
> that will help.

Nope.  I have no networking.
> What do you mean by "no networking"  without TCP/IP you cannot use
> X.
Just a single machine with dialup.

 As Raymond says this appears to be an
incompatibility with win9x versus winNT.  As you know, this is a
different code base.
> explain???? Which code base????

Microsoft internally has two different Windows sources, one is Win9x and
the other is WinNT.

But this isn't the problem as Raymond has Cygwin/XFree working on both.
However, X doesn't work on my Win98 2nd installation.  I would be happy
to supply you with a message dump if that would be helpful.  It would
require some sort of setup because X just comes up for a one second and
you don't really see anything.

-Robert Cristel
Montreal, Canada