Re: How to build shared librairie with Cygwin

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 08:15:33AM -0400, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
> I actually find this long thread useless.  The complainer knows there is a
> Cygwin/Xfree86 FAQ and knows the URL.  There are names of maintainer, and
> core team members listed on Cygwin/Xfree86 URL.  There is a mailing list to
> complain, yell, or whine, and... above all I prefer users who like to give a
> hand to an open source project then to whine about minor things.  If absense
> of LessTif precompiled binaries are worrying Michel Bardiaux so much then
> how about he takes the task of helping LessTif and Cygwin/Xfree86 project to
> provide precompiled binaries?

Well, all he did was to point out a "bug" within that FAQ.
You can't expect everyone who does so to start actively
working on a project.
It's certainly helpful for FAQ maintainers and readers to
get this fixed, it just took a while to discuss who's responsible ;-)

As outlined the LessTif developers are responsible (if at all ...)
only for the stuff which is on LessTif web sites. Any third-party docs
or packages are maintained by other people and so one should
report there.

--
Alexander Mai
st002279@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de