Re: X server won't start in win95a

OK, finally I am getting some information which I hope will help. I uninstalled
winsock2, using the batch file in the ws2bakup directory (the winsock backup
directory). I ran startx after that. This is the message I got:

_X11TransSocketOpen: socket() failed for local
_X11TransSocketOpenCOTSClient: Unable to open socket for local
_X11TransOpen: transport open failed for local/bragi.control.utoronto.ca:0

This message repeats until I hit CTRL-C. With that, the message repeat one
more time, and the following is appended at the end:

../usr/X11R6/bin/xinit: Addresses in the specified family cannot be used with
this socket (errno 106): unexpected signal 2.

Let me know what I should try next. I hope it would be something less than
reinstalling networking!

Raymond