Re: Strange keyboard behavior depending on remote host

I guess I had the same problem, the keyboard produced the output like
RightAlt was permanently pressed. Try to disable the X Keyboard Extension
(-xkb parameter).

To Suhaib or Harold: Is this bug? I have this problem on all AIX machines
(in a fact, I connect only to AIX machines :-). What is xkb parameter
supposed to do?

Pavel

                    Capiez Lionel
                    <lcapiez@prosodie.com>             To:     cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com
                    Sent by:                           cc:
                    cygwin-xfree-owner@sources.        Subject:     Strange keyboard behavior depending on remote host
                    redhat.com

                    27.06.2001 18:12

Hi all,

I have been using Xfree86/Cygwin to work on a remote FreeBSD host for some
weeks now, and I have been rather satisfied with it... until recently.

When I tried to start an X client from another host (AIX) I was rather
surprised to discover that my keyboard would not respond correctly in that
client under Xfree86. Most of the keys are completely ignored by the
client.
Only figures, Ins, Del, Return and a few other 'special' keys actually
work.
This behavior is independent of the X client. I chiefly tried with xterm
but
all other X clients run on that host exhibit the same problem.

I am running cygwin 1.3.2, Xfree86 4.0.3 and Window Maker 0.65.0 (running
locally on cygwin).

Does someone have a clue of where the problem lies?

Thanks in advance.

Lionel
--
PROSODIE [http://www.prosodie.com]