RE: The Cygwin/XFree86 FAQ --- Q. 3.10

That is what I wrote:
3.10
 Do you plan to port Motif?

MOTIF is a copyright protected commercial (NOT an Open Source) product.

And I was told by OpenGroup NO, DO NOT EVEN compile MOTIF on Windows using
Cygwin. It will be a license violation, unless I pay licensing fee for
redistribution.  For private use you can compile MOTIF but you pay 4k
dollars to get source and you are not allowed to distribute headers and
libraries... and all applications should link to static version of
libraries.  MOTIF open source license is a not really open source.  I do not
need to check MOTIFZONE, I had discussed this with Mark Match of ICS when
MOTIF  source came out for Linux

Suhaib