XDMCP "No valid address" error

Hi, I'm getting "XDMCP Fatal error: Session declined with no valid address"
when I try to start Xwin -query servername; I'm running on win2k.
I downloaded the 'ls_netdev' tool and it only shows 'lo' device,
so is this the problem?  When I tried to download the fix from Alexander's
site, I got access denied or 404 file not found, please can some kind person
email me his fix or tell me where to get it?
The only peculiarity about the win2k box is that it has a token ring
interface.