RE: How do I connect: Cygwin/xfree-to-XDMCP file server?

Lars Jensen wrote:

> My question is how to make the such a connection to
> the server if I run the Cygwin/Xfree xserver on the
> client instead? What do I need to configure?

The simplest way:
 - create a shortcut on the desktop
 - open the right button menu on the shortcut, and
   select "Properties"
 - select the "Shortcut" tab
 - In the "Target:" field, paste in the command
	C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\XWin.exe -screen 0 1024 768 -query
172.21.206.140
   (replace 172.21.206.140 with the name or IP number
   of your linux box)

You may need to add the "-from <addr of your windows box>",
that Alexander mentions.  I didn't need it.

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.