AW: Right mouse button does not work

> > When I am running X applications, the right mouse button does not
> > work.
>
> What do you mean that the right mouse button doesn't work?
>
> 1) [...]
>
> 2) Do you mean that you have used another Windows-based X
> Server to remotely
> access the Solaris box and that the right mouse button performs some
> function for a given Solaris application using the other X
> Server that it
> does not perform when using Cygwin/XFree86?
>
> 3) [...]

Number 2 is exactly what I am talking about. I have built an application
using g++ and I would like to debug the application using the
DataDisplayDebugger 'ddd' (version 3.3).

When I am using the "Hummingbird Exceed" X server everything works just
fine. There is a "right-button" context menu that gives acces to some
functions. Using cygwin-xfree-icewm, it does not work.

"It does not work" means exactly:

- At most positions in the window, pressing the right mouse button simply
does nothing.

- When the arrow pointer points exactly to a graphical symbol (ddd shows a
little green arrow indicating the current instruction pointer, and a red
"STOP" symbol to indicate a breakpoint), a context menu opens, but selecting
an entry from the context menu and releasing the right mouse button does not
execute the function selected in the context menu.

I suppose that a different problem that I encountered that does not include
"right-mouse-button-action" is related to the problems described above:

Left-clicking into the "GDB console" window should set the keyboard focus
into this window to enable the user to enter gdb commands directly. At
least, Exceed behaves this way. Using cygwin-xfree-icewm, there is a chance
of about one per cent that this works. In most cases, clicking into the gdb
console window does not enable keyboard input there.

Best regards
Stefan