RE: Problem with CDE Fonts, etc.

Lalit Patil [mailto:lpatil@engin.umich.edu] writes:

[snip!]
> However, the fonts that are seen by me on my
> windows screen after connecting to the Solaris
> or HP machine are not similar to the ones that can
> be seen on the SUN/HP workstation itself.
[snip!]
> I am a complete new user to cygwin and xfree86. So,
> I have no idea if this error is because of the
> incorrect setting of the font path or
> non-availability of the fonts or something else.

I'm guessing that you're missing some fonts on
the Windows machine.

If so, then you have two choices:
 1. figure out where the workstation has installed
    the fonts it uses, copy them to the windows
    box, and install them there
    (how well does XFree86 support different XFree86
    fonts?  I'm guessing that it supports TrueType?
    Does it support X11 pixmap fonts?  Does it support
    Type1 fonts?)
 2. figure out if the workstation runs a font server,
    and connect Cygwin/XFree86 to it
    (does Cygwin/XFree86 support font servers? I've
    searched the FAQ, the User's Guide and google
    without finding anything about it)

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.