AW: Right mouse button does not work

> > This is a typical result of a single right-click-and-release:
> >
> > ButtonPress event, serial 18, synthetic NO, window 0x800001,
> >     root 0x2e, subw 0x0, time 37050055, (77,58), root:(672,315),
> >     state 0x10, button 3, same_screen YES
> >
> > ButtonRelease event, serial 18, synthetic NO, window 0x800001,
> >     root 0x2e, subw 0x0, time 37050325, (77,58), root:(672,315),
> >     state 0x410, button 3, same_screen YES
> >
> > Looks good (as far as I understand the output).
>
> Well, the right mouse button is functioning exactly as
> expected.  It is
> generating the correct events.  There must be something wrong with the
> program that is supposed to receive those events.  Perhaps it
> is missing an
> essential extension or library... I have no specific ideas.

What is "the program that is supposed to receive those events"?

The window manager? Or the application? Sorry if this question sounds silly
but I do not really know how the components of the X window system work
together.

If you think the application is the one that behaves incorrect, I doubt that
you are right.

The debugger 'ddd' I have been talking of so far is just one example that is
publicly available. The right mouse button works in no application that I
have used at all. The others I ave been using so far are: ClearCase GUI, HP
OpenView VantagePoint Operations. In none of these does the right mouse
button work as expected.

I have installed cygwin-xfree on about 5 computers so far, and all behave
the same way. I suppose that one of the following reasons are responsible
for the problems:

1) The X server is misconfigured in some way and I make the same mistake in
every X server installation on the Windows boxes.

2) All X applications I am using are faulty.

3) The sun box (in fact, two sun boxes) behaves incorrect.

4) There is a bug in xfree.

It could well be that number <1> is the thing that is causing the problems.
I have very few experience with X servers and there is a big possibility
that I should configure things different.

Any more ideas?

  Stefan