RE: Right mouse button does not work

> 3) The sun box (in fact, two sun boxes) behaves incorrect.

Yup.  That's pretty much what I was suggesting.  In fact, I'm willing to bet
that both Sun boxes are using the out-of-the-box X Window System
configuration, so my point is strengthened by the fact that the boxes
exhibit the same problem.

The problem could be as simple as XDM thinking that remote clients will only
have one mouse button (don't ask me...), or it could be the the Xlib on the
Sun's has some deficiency.  As I said before, it could be that some
extension upon which the applications depend is missing or malfunctioning in
Cygwin/XFree86.

When you ran 'xev', just you do it when you were using XDMCP to connect to
the Sun box?  I you didn't, you should.  You might need to search for xev on
your Sun, but it should be there.

If xev sees the right-button events then you've got a problem with the
applications on the Sun, as I said before.  Once again, that problem could
come from a misconfiguration, or from a bug in the Sun Xlib.

Does that make anymore sense?

Cygwin/XFree86 merely generates the mouse button events.  We don't handle
them after that point.  If the events reach a single application, such as
xev, then Cygwin/XFree86 is working properly.