Re: Problem with 2 IPs

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Giorgio wrote:
> > >
> > > You can start lookin in winsup/cygwin/net.cc in a function get_2k_ifconf.
> > >
> > > I guess the that either winsock does not return information about the 2IPs
> > > per interface or cygwin does not handle this correctly.
> > >

> > thank you...
> > i'll keep you posted
>
> I now looked at the cygwin code and found the error. I currently compile
> a new cygwin1.dll. So if you're already working on it, you can wait until
> I released the patch.

Ok, It's done. It compiled. Can you please verify if it solves your problem?

I had some problems with a XWin which did'nt update the screen :(, but
this seemed to be a problem with the selfcompiled XWin.

you can find the dll and the diff at
<http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/cygwin1.fixed_netdev2.dll.bz2>
<http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/cygwin.fixed-netdev2.diff.bz2>

The dll is also compiled with the win95 fix (which is now in the cygwin
CVS too).

If it passes the test , I'll submit the patch to cygwin.

I also updated the ls_netdev tool. It uses now the cygwin function and an
internal function to query the present network devices. Source and binary
can be found at
<http://www.tu.chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/ls_netdev.tar.gz>

bye
    ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017