RE: XWinClip and Emacs

Thanks for the update Harold... It works great :)  I was planning on writing
the DOStoUNIX function on my own. I did not realize it was already done for me
:)  As for the third issue, it has to do with the fact that when you select
something in the X server, your selection instantly is removed.

There could be many programs that wait for a mouse release event to handle the
selection.  If this happens, and the app asks for it, it will fail.  The
attached example is an expectk script that I ran from linux (expectk
myscript.exp) to the Cygwin X server.

Is there any way to keep the selection selected after the xwinclip has grabbed
it?  I still plan to look into it, so no hurry :) (been busy lately)

Brian

# Global current server var
set server "not set"

# create a label on top of the list box
label .serverLabel -text "Servers"
pack .serverLabel

# create a listbox to put a list of servers
listbox .servers -relief raised -borderwidth 2 -height 3
pack .servers

# populate the servers list
.servers insert end "192.168.40.1"
.servers insert end "192.168.40.2"
.servers insert end "192.168.40.3"

# Bind a function to the .servers list box when the button releases
bind .servers <ButtonRelease-1> {
    global server

    # get the number of the current selection
    set selectnum [.servers curselection ]

    # get the value of the current selection
    set server    [.servers get $selectnum]

    # Tell the user what they selected
    tk_messageBox -message "Server Selected : $server"
}