RE: Native GDI Server Development - Call for help

Alan,

> > > I'd love to work on this with you, but I'd need info on the GDI calls
> > > for windows. I'm gonna look on msdn to see what I can find.
> >
> > Here is the online equivalent of the GDI documentation that I use:
> >
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/s
> dkintro/co
> > ntents_49d7.asp
> >
> Thanks Harold, hopefully I'll get chance to look at this over the
> weekend.

I figured it out.  Setting the GDI brush color has no effect on the stipple
fill; I needed to change the DIB color table instead.  That single change
makes the X background draw perfectly on startup now!  Yippee!!  :)

I sent the patch in just now.

You, and anyone else, can still help a great deal by starting to implement
the other operatoins in winFillSpans, winGetSpans, and winSetSpans.  Of
course, the current operations need to be made more robust and more correct;
their current purpose is just to draw the X background and they make a few
assumptions related to that to make things easier.