Re: Cygwin X-Free not installed in mounted root directory

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 dunkel@ScienceSoft.net wrote:
> Is there a shell variable, undocumented XWin command line option, or any
> other magic to tell XWin what the root directory of my /usr directory
> tree is where it can find rgb.txt and the "fonts" directory?
> (CYGWIN_ROOT does not seem to do the trick and I don't want to change my
> root directory mount.) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

XWin uses the same directory as all cygwin programs. You can adjust this
globally with the tool mount.
But you can also install XWin to every directory and mount /usr/X11R6 to
that directory. This will keep the root untouched

bya
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017