Re: XIO error... anyone seen it?

Yes, I am running cygwin1.dll v 1.3.3.

I have been trying to debug the problem, and of course, running in a debugger
makes it much harder to find where the problem is.  I think the fact that the
app runs slower in a debugger makes this buffer overrun problem no longer
happen.  (Sucks for finding the problem, eh?)

In my application where I am having the most troubles, the
XpmCreatePixmapFromXpmImage function is where it crashes out.  This function is
called many times in a row.  I have tried a few things, with no improvement :

1. Call XFlush between calls
2. Call XSync between calls
3. Add a delay between calls.

This tells me that the problem is probably being caused by the
XpmCreatePixmapFromXpmImage itself.  Some Pixmaps being loaded are as large as
2.6 MB (1280x960 in size)  I hooked  my app up to xmond, and found that the
following protocol calls were being made (for 59 XPM calls):

1     CreateWindow
4     InternAtom
1     GetProperty
79    CreatePixmap
80    CreateGC
79    FreeGC
154   PutImage
23210 AllocColor
2     QueryExtension

So, we see that a LOT of colors are being allocated quickly, and a lot of
images are being put up to the X server in PutImage.

Unfortunately, I am unable to catch it in the act (with the debugger or Xmon),
so I cant tell you exactly where the problem is :(

Keep in mind, this is the Application crashing, not the X server.

Any ideas?
Brian