Re: GDB errors

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 10:03:40PM +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 04:43:19PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Something must be wrong because Cygwin doesn't have openpty.
>>
>> I've just rerun configure and expect's expect_cf.h doesn't define
>> HAVE_OPENPTY.
>>
>All I did is what was listed on http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current
>using all the standard setup.exe provided tools.
>
>I.E. cvs co gdb+dejagnu
>
>then ./configure in the src directory.

Maybe that's the problem.  Don't configure in the source directory.
gdb+gcc+cygwin (at the very least) all suggest that you should build in
a separate "build" directory.

>> However, you don't have to build expect for gdb.
>>
>> You can just remove the expect and dejagnu directories if you aren't going
>> to be running the gdb testsuite.
>>
>That's contradicting the cvs checkout documentation. It explicitly says
>'Checking out and building both GDB and DEJAGNU is recommended'. Maybe
>this could be tweaked as it's misleading if you don't need them.

I was just trying to help you along with a recommendation.  Since you
would never be running expect.exe, there was no reason to build it.

cgf