Re: Extended keyboard and CDE on AIX4.3

Hi,
I have similar problem on the same configuration with cs keyboard. Small
difference - when NUMLOCK is ON, keyboard produces output as a ALTGR is
permanently pressed.

There is workarround - to use the standard keyboard without -xkb extension
and after logon run xmodmap. But: I have to run it every time on every
machine I use, what is pretty silly.
Is there any plan to fix this bug? (if it is bug, but i think so :)

Pavel

                    "Fiorenzo Zanotti"
                    <zanottif@iside.bcc.it>            To:     <cygwin-xfree@xfree86.cygwin.com>
                    Sent by:                           cc:
                    cygwin-xfree-owner@sources.        Subject:     Extended keyboard and CDE on AIX4.3
                    redhat.com

                    14.11.2001 16:05

Hi,
I'm getting some problems with extended keyboard (italian) accessing an
AIX4.3 with CDE.
I'm using now a TEST53 version but the same behavior exist in TEST49.

Accessing CDE on AIX 4.3 something weird happen with NUMLOCK  :

When ON
1) keyboard keys doesn't any visible output
2) numeric keypad keys generates numbers

When OFF
1) keyboard keys work OK
2) numeric keypad doesn't produce cursor movements but generates numbers as
with NUMLOCK  ON

In any case ALTGR doesn't work : it generates a Mode_switch keypress event,
but no characters are generates.
The shortest way I found to make ALTGR work (with my server launched as
'start XWin -query aix -xkbmap it' is :

     xmodmap -e 'keysym Mode_switch = Alt_R'

When using XWin to access a Linux system all work fine !!!

What do you think about these different behaviours ?
(X11 version  ? CDE initialization sequence ? XWin problem ?)

Fiorenzo