xdmcp with kde crashes

Hello,

I've some Probs with KDE via xdmcp on win98se on an athlon 1000  256 MB RAM
with an 3com 3c90x latest drivers to a suse 7.2 HP-Omnibook.
Chooser works fine, desktop loads fine most of the time.

After some usage starting progs (kmail) in most cases the XWin-process dies
without any comments.

The XWin-Versions I tried where the actual release, test-49, test-52 and
test-53 they all show the same behaviour.

It's independent, if I use the das startup-script or starting XWin from a
bash. It also makes no difference, which setting I use for ulimit -n

If I use a webbrowser on windows I dont't get any connections.
Netscape 4.78 tells:
	can't locate host
or
	tcp error not enpugh memory

if i call netstat with cygwin/xfree it shows me round about 22 active
connections.

IE says, can't reach dns.

Than i removed all preferences Files from KDE (.kde and .kde2), copied back
the mail-Prefs.
This action lessend the effect, but didn't eleminates it it. Without Mail
prefs it'Äs the same behaviour.

Just before XWin Crashes I've seen refresh Problems of xosview. It didn't
redraw if I didn't made any input to Xwin (mouse movement was enough). This
effect I've seen one time, will look further for it.

A trace file I can't find.

Does anybody knows anything about this prob?

best regards,
	Gregor