Re: seperate xfree project on sourceforge

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 10:01:49PM +1100, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> Thanks.  I've had a look at http://cygwin.com/setup.html#setup.hint again,
> and once Cygwin-XFree86 starts being included in the setup.ini file, I think
> I will be able to get everything to work how I want it, depending on how the
> XFree part is packaged.  I'm assuming that each part will be in it's own
> package?

Depends what you mean by "each part".

The easiest solution is to create three packages. One for the Xserver
(XWin.exe), one for all the libraries and programs, and the other for
the fonts. That gives the developers an easy route to releasing patched
Xservers at a later date, and doesn't require the user to keep
downloading fonts if a binary has changed.

Breaking out into more packages means more time to maintain - that's the
downside to it.

Alan.