A "xmodmap" interesting behavior

Ive found an interesting behavior into Cygwin's "xmodmap".

Let me spent few words to make U undestand the contex:
1) Im "playing" with this environment:
"CYGWIN_NT-4.0 NICNT_CW1 1.3.2(0.39/3/2) 2001-05-20 23:28 i686" NT is
WS.
"Linux RedHat 7.0 (kernel  2.2.16-22)"
2) On Linux ive installed as windows makers both
"Window Maker 0.62.1"
"Enlightenment 0.16.5"
3) My Cygwin's startup shell's cmd execute those steps:
"Path settings"
"Xwin startup"
"xmodman to italian keyboard"
"xhost to linux box"
"Cygwin's xterm"
"ssh to linux box and startup an xterm there"
The last xterm sets all environment stuffs like DISPLAY etc..

Well, when i start "wmaker" everything is OK, but when i run
"enlightenment" it start, but i was not able to move windows or use
 menus.
While im trying to learn how to use other fonts server i launched Xwin
 without the Cygwin's xmodmap, so ive setted up the italian keyb's map
 from linux's xterm.
I started Enlightenment and it was working fine!!!!
Ive done a lot of tests, using both different unix's xfs (sun, aix and
 elder linux's versions) and internal font's path, but my E works only
 if i use linux's xmodmap or i don't use it at all.
I still have some True Type Fonts trouble, but now i could say it work.
I hope it could help!
Bye Federico
PS:
Just an obvios question.. Does anybody get an idea abt this beavior?