Re: New to-do item - configuration

Alexander,

> I advise you continue with the GDI engine and I will build the
configuration
> engine.

Thanks for taking that one.

I'll tell you now that I don't really like the idea of using the XF86Config
file, as it wasn't really suited to our needs (we don't have monitors with
different capabilities, etc.) so I think a lot of changes will need to be
made to the config file reader and to the list of options available.  I'm
not sure that that is the best way to approach things.

I'm leaving this up to you, but I must say that I really prefer the registry
approach as it is very simple.  There could be a simple "configuration
profile" mechanism where you would pass "-profile 1" or "-profile
my_profile_name" as the only command line parameter and that would load the
specified parameters from the registry.  Just an idea...

Also, don't forget that command line parameters always override the
configuration.  In fact, just ignore the configuration if any command line
parameters are specified.

Have fun,