X server freeze on terminal bell

I am having problem with a new installation of XFree and Cygwin. The X
server freezes each time there should be a terminal bell. It does not seem
to be related to the terminal (xterm, login, rxvt).

I tried both the latest stable XWin and the development version. XFree
installed perfectly with no errors. I am running on Windows 2000
Professionnal.

It might be related to wrong termcap configurations, but I am unsure this
would crash the server. I did not edit /etc/termcap as the Xinstall.sh
script explains.

Does someone have any clue about this?

Thanks,

Philippe Gauthier