Backup X in linux

Use Linux to back it up :)

Here are the steps:

1) If you have not already done so, subscribe to a Linux mailing list.
2) Ask the Linux mailing list how to back up X in Linux.
3) If you have done the above and got no answer, a quick backup can be
   done by just renaming the X11R6 subdirectory to X11R6-old, and
   renaming any X11 subdirectory to X11-old, for example /etc/X11 --->
   /etc/X11-old

Happy New Year!