Re: Newbie needs help opening browser window.

Well, running a browser should be as easy as running it with a display set :

netscape -display winmachine:0

Or setting the display variable, and running netscape :

setenv DISPLAY winmachine:0
netscape

To run XDMCP, if you have it enabled in the linux box (I think most
distributions have it on by default), simply use the following command line
variables when starting the X server (This is in the user's manual):

-query linuxIP -from windowsIP

Brian