RE: Building Enlightenment

> > + _IceLastMajorOpcode
>
> Why does this symbol need to be exported?  I need some description to put in
> the patch submission if I'm going to send this on to XFree86.

I've got some errors from people who were compiling the kdelibs 2.1.1 from the kde-cygwin cvs
area and the dcopserver depends on this.

For kde 2.2.x this isn't recommended, because the dcopserver uses a patched ICE lib, which
was located in kdelibs/dcop/KDE-ICE and does not need the origin libICE. I have added this
patched lib to the kde-xlib package to support those people.

Only for kde I think this patch is not absolutly nessessary to submit to the xfree group,
because kde 2.1.1 is obsolate and today I have send a request to the sourceforge stuff to
remove the kde 2.1.1 source release from the cvs area.

But it may be other apps who like to use this and this seems to me the only symbol which
isn't exported yet.
Does this have any specific reason ? Why should this symbol not be exported anyway ? This
would reduce some question about why this was not exported in the future. What about if
someone is going to use the kde 2.1.1 dcopserver for another project. He has to ask again
about this missing symbol.

Any comments ?

Ralf