RE: XFree86 4.2.0

> XFree86 4.2.0 has been tagged and the binaries are showing up on
> ftp.xfree86.org now.
>
> Are we bothering with a distribution as per the normal XFree86 approach?
> or is anyone working on distributing XFree86 4.2.0 via the setup.exe
> mechanism ?
>
> Alan.

Alan,

Well, we have to make a standard XFree86-style distribution for now,
regardless of the state of anyone working on using setup.exe to install
Cygwin/XFree86.  See, the documentation won't get re-written over night, so
we'll be providing a standard XFree86 distribution until a setup.exe-based
distribution is working and documented.

That's pretty logical right?

I'm pulling the xf-4_2-branch tree right now.  I might build a distribution
within a couple days.