RE: Cygwin Xfree 4.1.0 or 4.2.0 with old clients

  From Linux machine running XFree86 4.1.0 or 3.3.6 HPP boxes
  work properly, I think that mounts are correct
  as I don't have any problems reading SecurityPolicy file
  or rgb.txt (though i had to change them by linux versions
  without CR-LF)

  Also the cygwin-Xfree86 (4.2.0) doesn't process the third mouse
  button depending on which mouse driver you have on NT4
  (emulate3buttons always works). The mouse is a 3 button Logitech
  and the logitech drivers changes the behaviour even with windows
  programs like Netscape 6.2.1, with the standard PS/2 the third
  button is correct. The bad news is that this doesn't solve
  the problem with HP boxes

----------------
Notes:

My stripped down installation looks like

C:.
+---bin
+---etc
¦   +---X11
+---tmp
¦   +---.X11-unix
+---usr
    +---X11R6
        +---bin
        ¦   +---401
        +---lib
            +---X11
                +---fonts
                ¦   +---100dpi
                ¦   +---75dpi
                ¦   +---CID
                ¦   +---local
                ¦   +---misc
                ¦   +---Speedo
                ¦   +---Type1
                ¦   +---util
                +---xserver
                +---xsm

----- Command line
START "XFree86" /B XWin420 -ac +kb -xkbmap %XKEYBOARD% -query
%1 -wm -fullscreen\
 -dpi 100 -once -unixkill -nowinkill -class HCLpcXserver -emulate3buttons
(with bc parameter HP is the same)

------ XWin.log
ddxProcessArgument () - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens () - w 1152 h 864
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows NT/2000
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 0000001b
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDD () - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per
pixel
winAllocateFBShadowDD () - Not changing video mode
winInitVisualsShadowDD () - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 32
winLayerCreate () - dwDepth 32
winRandRInit ()
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
winScreenInit () - returning