Using XShm and cygipc

Hi,

Looking through the archives I've found various references to XShm, but
haven't been able to work out how to set it up. I've currently got cygipc
compiled and installed, I'm trying to work out how to compile in XShm
support - the archive mentions changing command lines, but which ones?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm not overly familiar with
Makefiles.

Thanks

Jeremy