RE: proper version of dll

Still the wrong mailing list.  This problem is application specific.  The
application in question needs to provide the specific Cygwin DLL version
it requires.  The Cygwin community is not responsible for maintaining or
providing unknown third party versions of the Cygwin DLL.  Also, to be
complaint with the Cygwin open-source license, it would need to provide
the source to the version of the Cygwin DLL that the application uses.
Since I don't even know the name of the application, I can't say whether
this is already being done or not.  If not though, it is in violation of
the license terms.

The original poster should contact the distributor of the application with
this problem.  This list is for questions and issues about Cygwin as
distributed by Cygwin community.  Folks looking for support for
applications not distributed by the Cygwin community but happen to use
the Cygwin DLL still need to consult the application provider.