XWin terminates immediately under W2K

Hi,

I'm using latest Cygwin and Cygwin XFree on W2K, and after following
all the instructions, it seems to be installed OK and paths are as they
should be. However on running XWin manually, using the .bat file or the .sh
script, it the window pops up for a second and then closes. There
are no error messages given.

Is there any log file I can look at? Or maybe there's a debug version of
XWin that I can try without having to recompile it myself...

The only installation thing I might have got wrong was answering No
when it asked me if I wanted the emulated framebuffer engine
(or something like that, I can't remember the exact terminology).

Thanks for any advice -- I'd love to get this running so I can try
writing an X11 port of wxWindows using Cygwin.

Julian
--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1 7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063