RE: Unable to type letters in login to AIX box using XFree86 4.2.0 on W2K

Pavel,

> To Harold: I think this should be included in FAQ (and fixed, if you have
> an AIX machine to test it :-)))

This is the first that I have heard of the problem.  I need the problem to
be described in more detail before I can add an entry to the FAQ.  I need to
know how to reproduce the problem (even though I don't have an AIX machine),
I need to know who is affected, and I need to know the exact command-line
for the remedy (and I mean exact!).  (For example, 'use the -kb parameter'
does not help me because I don't know if you need to pass options to -kb,
etc.)

Here's a couple of questions:

1) What keyboard layout is AIX expecting?  In other words, does this happen
on AIX when using US-English as the default keyboard layout, or does this
only happen when AIX is using a non-US keyboard layout?

2) What keyboard layout is the Windows machine using?  In other words, does
this happen regardless of the keyboard layout on the Windows machine, or
does this only occur when the Windows machine is using a non-US layout?
(I'm asking this because I saw AltGr mentioned.)

3) Are there any links to web sites that discuss this problem in more
detail?  Or, is this only a problem when using XFree86 on Windows?

Thanks in advance,

Harold

P.S.  I'll most likely put your name on the FAQ entry if you contribute
enough information for me to document the problem.  (Otherwise, I won't be
able to make a FAQ entry at all...)