RE: 8-bit PseudoColor

Mark,

I finally looked at the source code and realized that I had already set the
code to use the Shadow GDI engine in windowed mode, which means that your
problem should not be happening and that you shouldn't have to
pass -fullscreen -depth 8 to the XWin.exe.

However, the problem was only corrected in the Server Test Series and in
Cygwin/XFree86 4.2.0.  The problem was probably still present in
Cygwin/XFree86 4.1.0 and I know it was present in all earlier versions.

Which version of Cygwin/XFree86 are you running?